Sharon is an experienced people consultant, coach, and interim working with a range of clients across sectors, from small startups to large global multi-nationals. Sharon’s permanent career spanned the public, not for profit and commercial sectors where she managed teams and projects before specialising in people management, learning, change, and organisational development.
Before setting up her own business 14 years ago, Sharon was responsible for building a team, a people development strategy, an award-winning graduate recruitment brand, bringing in assessment and development centres and delivering talent management and leadership development programmes at all levels for a global, professional services firm.
Sharon’s professional services experience covers three international law firms: Nabarros, before it became CMS, Mayer Brown, and Stephenson Harwood and she has also worked for a number of other professional services, investment, tech, and media companies.
Sharon has a track record of setting up new roles and functions from scratch, developing and implementing people strategies and providing bespoke solutions for clients. Extensive personal experience of managing people means Sharon understands the joys and challenges of people management.
Sharon is often asked to help businesses change using technology and her approach leaves a lasting legacy by supporting and working with in-house teams. Sharon’s passion for tech, communications, and employee engagement means client projects have included:
- Developing employee branding
- Developing and activating employee value propositions and global graduate recruitment
- Supporting recruitment campaigns including digital content suitable for social media
- Developing and activating internal communication campaigns to improve employee engagement and their experience
- Developing development and assessment centres, talent and leadership development tools, mapping and programmes
- Developing or commissioning creative and bespoke development programmes from talent, entry or onboarding up to and including leadership
- Bringing in or maximising the use of tech for employee engagement, employee experience, recruitment, learning and performance management, and mainstream HR systems.
Sharon’s experience with technology, including working with and in tech teams, helps clients looking to digitalise or make use of agile ways of working.
All of this varied experience helps Sharon appreciate the importance of workplace culture and informs her flexible, creative, pragmatic, and commercial approach to client work.
Sharon is a Prince 2 trained project manager, trained as a coach on an ICF accredited programme, holds an MA in HR, and a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. She’s qualified to use psychometrics and has a love for continuous professional development.