Rachel is a highly knowledgeable HR professional with more than 20 years’ experience of working in Professional Services firms, across the legal and financial services’ sectors, and which have varied in size from 100 employees to, most recently, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP where she was Head of HR for the UK, responsible for the delivery of a globally aligned HR strategy to +1200 partners and employees. Key deliverables included:
- The successful merger with Fulbright & Jaworski in June 2013, involving management of TUPE for all affected partners and staff in the UK
- Appointed Project Lead on the firm’s first pan-office Employee Engagement Survey and which involved coordinating all aspects of the project across 5 different geographies
- Undertook the mapping and analysis of +75 HR processes within London to identify cost savings, highlight cross-functional reliance and the embedding of a culture of continuous improvement
Since joining Jarred Consulting as a Consultant in June 2016, Rachel has been engaged by clients from both the legal and engineering sectors to work on complex business transformation projects and the day to day management of ER matters, as well as acting as project manager on a variety of different projects. Highlights among these include:
- Appointed as Project Manager (“PM”) on a Secretarial Transformation Programme, involving analysis of current provision including vast amounts of time recording data, interviews with a cross section of affected partners and employees and a review of the current technology platform, leading to the design and subsequent implementation of repurposed secretarial function
- Tasked with the project management of the collective redundancy consultation for +350 employees across three firms, prior to their merger on 1 May 2017; this included the design of all interview and assessment materials, liaison with multiple senior stakeholders and the subsequent alignment of all T&Cs for those employees offered roles within the newly merged firm
- Project management of the roll-out of an on-line performance management system to +1750 people in a complex, matrix organisation
Rachel thrives on building deep relationships with her clients, on the basis of her ability to easily assimilate herself into a client’s culture and their “way of doing things”, as evidenced by her being retained well beyond the original scope of a project.
Rachel graduated with a 2.1 BA (Hons) in French and Politics from Nottingham Trent University and spent a year of her degree working as an English Language Assistant in Strasbourg.