Recruitment Solutions Manager
Lisa has in excess of 20 years of resourcing experience gained predominantly from working within the legal sector. The positions she has held span both in-house and recruitment agency arenas. Her last role before joining Jarred Consulting in 2011 was for Skadden Arps, one of the largest international law firms in the world, where Lisa ran the in-house recruitment function and managed a team in London.
As an associate of Jarred Consulting, Lisa has taken on more and more responsibility over the years and is now the manager of the resourcing solutions side of the business. Some of the recent projects that Lisa has been involved in since joining Jarred Consulting, include:
- Redesign of an end-to-end graduate recruitment & selection process for a global law firm.
- Market reviews and selection of psychometric tests for a US headquartered law firm.
- Design of strengths and competency based telephone, video and face to face interviewing scripts for a regional law firm.
- Design of graduate and apprentice assessment day timetables, plus exercise creation covering case studies, presentations and written and role play exercises.
- Project management setting up a paralegal apprenticeship programme (Level 3) and a solicitor apprenticeship programme (Level 7) for various law firms.
Whilst working in-house for two leading law firms, Lisa was responsible for all aspects of recruitment, selection and integration from graduate level to experienced hire. Lisa’s strengths shone through in ensuring talent strategies were closely aligned to business objectives. Tasked with hiring high quality talent in an increasingly competitive marketplace had driven the need for Lisa to think creatively in order to attract, develop and retain the very highest calibre of candidates for the firm.
Lisa achieved considerable success in the resourcing roles she fulfilled by increasing the quality and quantity of applications received through various initiatives, as well as delivering significant cost savings through encouraging more direct applications and reducing the reliance on recruitment agencies. As well as the operational components that came with heading up a busy legal recruitment function, Lisa worked on a number of high level, strategic projects including:
- Building and managing a talent database utilising internal referrals and external sources;
- establishing a PSL and forging strong relationships with a small number of high quality recruitment agencies and headhunting firms;
- the roll out of national and international recruitment advertising campaigns;
- design of a bespoke candidate tracking system plus careers website and microsite; and
- design and roll-out of an end-to-end recruitment and selection process, including interviewer training to a wide variety of firm personnel.
Relationship building has also been an essential component in the roles that Lisa has performed. She has attended numerous networking events, chaired forums and sat on various committees and boards.
Lisa has a 2:1 degree in Human Resource Management and holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management. She holds a ‘Level A’ certificate of competence in occupational testing and has been a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) since 2004.