Jenny trained as a solicitor with a magic circle firm before developing her expertise in professional legal education and assessment at the Law Society and SRA. Whilst at the SRA, Jenny led the development, implementation and operation of the QLTS for the SRA and therefore has an in-depth understanding of the design of the SQE. Jenny brings with her first-hand experience of the SRA’s regulatory objectives and mindset and of professional legal education in the global context.
Jenny is an Accredited Associate of the Association for Educational Assessment-Europe and was awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Assessment and Examinations by the University of Cambridge in 2017.
Jenny authored the Law Society’s strategic legal education and solicitor brand reports, together with the 2015 report on the Global Competitiveness of the Solicitor qualification. As such she is well aware of the challenges facing global law firms and the increasing need for a more strategic approach to workforce planning. Whilst at the Law Society she also led their work supporting legal apprenticeships.
Jenny sees the SQE reforms as a great opportunity to reinvigorate training and professional development within the legal sector to make it more relevant and effective in today’s working environment.
Recent projects Jenny has worked on include:
- Delivering workshops to law schools and professional bodies on creating and evaluating assessments to enable them to adapt to SQE
- Providing a strategic review of the provision of professional legal education at Edinburgh Law School
- Providing ongoing advice on process and End-Point Assessments for the CILEx apprenticeships
- Developing and implementing the evaluation structure to assess the fairness and efficacy of Oxford University’s admissions tests
- Reviewing the assessment process of the QC appointments scheme
- Providing expert input into the review of the content and provision of professional legal education for the Law Society of Ireland