Claire Kinselley is an assessment and career development specialist with over 15 years’ experience across the legal, professional and financial services sectors. As a coach, Claire works with clients such as the London School of Economics and CASS Business School, where she coaches undergraduates, MScs and Executive MBA students, and delivers tailored workshops to strengthen attendees’ employability skills. Claire also works as an associate coach for NetExpat, working in global mobility. Claire’s last in-house role was as Head of Graduate Recruitment at law firm Herbert Smith, where she had overall responsibility for the Firm’s graduate recruitment strategy.
After completing a degree in politics, Claire started her career teaching English in Japan for two years on a Japanese government teaching programme. Returning from Japan she managed the recruitment for this and other international schemes. During this time she travelled extensively in Asia and also spent a year working in New York. After returning to London, Claire gained both an MSc with distinction from the London School of Economics and became a Chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
During her time at Herbert Smith, Claire developed and launched a new graduate recruitment brand, which established Herbert Smith as an ‘Employer of Choice’ amongst its target audience, and also helped to significantly improve its industry rankings. Claire also pushed through a new selection strategy to tighten and streamline candidate selection, improving time to hire and candidate quality. Throughout her career, Claire has worked with integrity to achieve excellent results for her clients and employers. In both her in-house and freelance roles, Claire has been responsible for:
- Running agency tender and selection processes for high scale recruitment contracts;
- The design of a new careers website;
- The roll-out of national and international recruitment advertising campaigns;
- Assessed and improved diversity strategies to boost employee diversity ratios;
- The introduction and delivery of partner training for best practice interview and assessment skills;
- Operational responsibilities for the placement of 7000 international students in jobs throughout the USA;
- Led successful campus marketing campaigns with high audience attendance using innovative multi-media marketing approaches; and
- Analysed competitor recruitment strategies and initiatives in order to maintain competitive edge.
Claire is British Psychological Society – Level A and B qualified, and has completed an ICF accredited business coaching course, Coaching Development. Claire is a member of the ICF and is working towards becoming an Associate Certified Coach. Claire is a Chartered Member of the CIPD and is a Prince2 Certified Project Management Practitioner. Her other qualifications include an MSc in Human Resource Management from the London School of Economics and a BA in politics.